The PCCDS- LN was created under a cooperative agreement with AHRQ to pursue the following objectives:
Establish the Patient-Centered Clinical Decision Support Learning Network (PCCDS-LN) to convene, charter, implement, and initiate operations of a broad and highly inclusive CDS learn-ing network, to coordinate and accelerate efforts to leverage CDS to ensure that PCOR findings are widely and effectively applied to improve care outcomes.
- Identify barriers and facilitators and formulate recommendations for incorporating PCOR findings into clinical decisions and actions using CDS.
- Monitor, evaluate, and adapt the PCCDS-LN to optimally achieve its goals.
- Develop a sustainability plan for ongoing operations of the PCCDS-LN.
The PCCDS-LN Advisory Council is an advisory forum, representing all stakeholders with in-terests relevant to the objectives above. The council will meet bimonthly (6 times per year) for 90 minutes to collaboratively discuss and advise on topics relevant to the PCCDS-LN and PCCDS-LN leadership. Council members will be asked to provide feedback on reports and relevant content, such as workgroup products, issue briefs, website content, issues raised by the steering com-mittee and deliverables as outlined by AHRQ.
Membership: The Council shall consist of at least 30 members, drawn from the following stakeholder groups:
- CDS Developers and Vendors
- CDS Experts
- Clinicians and Care Delivery Organizations
- Community-based Organizations
- EHR Vendors
- Government Agencies
- Other Health IT Vendors
- Patients and Families
- PCOR Experts
- Quality Improvement Organizations and Networks
- Researchers - Clinical
- Researchers - Informatics
- Researchers - PCOR
- Researchers - Other
- Societies - Clinical
- Societies - Informatics
- Societies - Other
- Standards Development Organizations
Members will serve a minimum term of 1 year, but may request, or be asked by the PCCDS-LN Steering Committee, to serve for additional terms.