This Opioid Action Plan Working Group (OAPWG) chaired by Dr. Jerry Osheroff and co-chaired by Dr. Barry Blumenfeld includes leaders from diverse organizations with a stake in ensuring that PCCDS is applied broadly and effectively to improve pain management and opioid use.
The OAPWG kicked off in April 2018, and plans to publish a stakeholder-driven action plan in early 2019. This action plan deliverable will have 3 major components:
- Highly desirable, consensus PCCDS-enabled Future State Vision Scenarios for PCCDS-enabled pain management/opioid use
- Current activities and resources that could broadly enable these scenarios
- Stakeholder driven actions to make the future state scenarios/PCCDS interventions widely used and highly valuable
The OAPWG is:
- Finalizing the 4 scenarios developed to date and seeking broader input to ensure that they're compelling for driving action toward their broad realization.
- Still working on the current state and action plan elements and expects to broaden the net for input about major elements for the current state and stakeholder-specific actions in the near future.
As we make the sections above available for review and comment, please contribute by:
- Reviewing the Future State Vision Scenarios and using the comment section (bottom of the linked page). Note that you will need to be a registered user to comment, to do this, please either login or register.